Contact Us

FirstTrinityChicago.com + Welcome@FirstTrinityChicago.com + 312-842-7390 + 643 W 31st Street, Chicago, IL 60616

Sunday, August 31, 2014

Meet our new Ministry in Context Student and Diaconal Intern!

Christine Doidge

Christine will be completing field work hours and her final senior project at First Trinity this academic year, fulfilling requirements for her Masters of Arts in Ministry degree from the Lutheran School of Theology at Chicago (LSTC). Christine is following a call to diaconal ministry, which is the ministry of Word and Service (unlike pastors, who provide the ministry of Word and Sacrament). Diaconal Ministers seek to connect the church and the world, and Christine feels called to work with congregations to enhance their understanding of and participation in the communities in which they are located. She is especially passionate about gathering ecumenical partners together around common goals and shared ministry sites.

She is also passionate about ice cream, reading, traveling, spending time with family, and exploring the great outdoors. Christine’s boyfriend, Joe Yucha, is also a student at LSTC and is completing his final year of studies in Chicago before going on pastoral internship in 2015.

Prior to living in Chicago, Christine worked as the Minister of Communications and Outreach at St. James Lutheran Church in Portland, OR and served as a volunteer with the ELCA’s Young Adults in Global Mission program in Southern Africa. She grew up in southwestern Minnesota and attended college at Pacific Lutheran University and University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point.




Katie Jacob

Hello, I am Katie Jacob.  This fall I am starting my second year of the Master of Divinity program at the Lutheran School of Theology at Chicago.  I am studying to become an ordained pastor with the ELCA.  This past summer I interned as a chaplain at Bethany Retirement Community.  I loved working with the senior citizens who live at Bethany.  I heard so many incredible stories and experienced how much seniors have to give in knowledge, joy, sorrow, new ideas, and so much more!

I grew up in Strongsville, Ohio (a suburb of Cleveland).  I have two older brothers, Andy and Dan, and my parents are named Bob and Brenda.  Before attending LSTC I studied sociology and religion at Ohio Wesleyan University in Delaware, Ohio.  While I was at Ohio Wesleyan I studied abroad in Quito, Ecuador and went on three mission trips to a Children’s Home in El Salvador.  During the summers of my undergraduate studies I worked at a Lutheran Summer Camp in Ohio.  I loved working with youth.  I got to help them recognize their gifts and gain the confidence to use them!

I am very excited to be at First Lutheran Church of the Trinity this year.  I cannot wait to learn from and be in ministry with you all!


No comments:

Post a Comment