3 romaine hearts, rinsed and chopped
4 roma tomatoes, rinsed and chopped
1 bunch of green onions, rinsed and chopped
1 small jar of stuffed green olives (about 4 oz), chopped
4 oz blue cheese, crumbled
1 pound bacon, fried crisp, drained, and chopped
6 eggs, hard boiled, cooled and chopped
1 pound ditalini pasta, boiled about 8 minutes, drained and cooled
16 oz creamy Italian dressing.
It's a salad, you know what to do! Mix it all up!
- Rinse the pasta and eggs in cold water to cool them more quickly.
- Buy a chuck of blue cheese (rather than crumbles) it is usually more flavorful and less expensive. Coarsely chop it with a knife and it will crumble nicely.
- Some people like to add roasted, chopped chicken.
- I like the Marzetti creamy italian dressing.
- I also like to toss the lettuce in the dressing, then add all the other ingredients. This just helps to make sure that the lettuce is evenly coated.